AIM
Weirdo1k

Intruder Returns Intruder Returns

Showing all of us what Flash is capable of!

What else can I say than wowee wow WOW! The attention to detail is exceptional! As all of you can see the shells flying out of the guns appears to be random. I don't know if the author used action-scripting or he actually took the time to guide each shell one by one (mmankt, please confirm). The dust particles in the air was an excellent touch to show the already war torn area the characters were fighting in. This Flash shows what properly used filters can help create.

Comment to Author: Your animation has showed me how much cartoons I could have made by now if I could just sit down and work hard! Now here's a fun game we all can play with your animation! Take a shot every time we see a pouch on a solider. Last one to die from alcohol poisoning wins!

Everybody Jam! Everybody Jam!

Oh... My... God...

That was the coolest shit EVER! It just made me wanna get up and dance my ass off! That's how flash should be, tons of fun watching it as much as you had fun making it! I know people make many music flashes here, but this takes the cake, this really gives the song more life rather than it draining the fun!

CatFat Episode 1 CatFat Episode 1

A Funny Show!

This cartoon had what a lot of cartoons nowadays lack, expressive characters! I like a show that explains a characters personality by actions. This cartoon had a great sense of detail, I mean look at the backgrounds! Clearly the artist didn't settle for a simple, drab backdrop. I knew this was worth watching when the first few seconds made me laugh! This is a series I'll be looking forward to seeing again!

Comment to Artist: Great job! Frame by frame sure is a tedious way to animate ain't it? Remember that the paint brush tool is affected by how much you're zoomed in. Zoom in 200% you gonna get some tiny ass lines. Sometimes I write down which scenes and specific characters are drawn in at a certain zoom percentage, that way the outlines don't morph when they are animated. It's helped me very much. You should play around with drawing in certain zoom percentages, you be surprised at what you can create!

CatFat responds:

Thanks man, it really makes it worth all the effort to get reviews by quality animators such as yourself, i've seen your 'weirdo fights eps1' and it's hilarious and really well animated. I'll certainly take on board your advice for next time ;) thanks mate!!

Jinas 1: A New Friend Jinas 1: A New Friend

This is gonna be a great series!

I see a lot of potential in this. Jinas is the first flash series I've seen that makes me care about the fate of the characters. I mean I REALLY care about them.

What helps is the way this was presented. Great voice work by Andy and Laura and good writing. The colors in Jinas also had great earth tones (brownish colors), shows that a cartoon don't need all primary colors to look good. Remember flash artists: the best inspiration is in real life, not other peoples work, so take a walk outside when you have the time. Great pacing in the story, nothing seems to drag on for too long.

Comment to author: I kinda went through the same thing you're going through. I found that working on short, funny, and cheap (not on quality, I mean money) projects seem to do better for yourself as great inspiration outlets. When I say "funny", I do not mean crazy over the top gags that'll bust a gut, but do know that humor on any scale is always welcome in any medium.

Fun Off Fantasy Fun Off Fantasy

It lights up my dark room.

With a short System of a Down song, this flash was very cool to gaze at. I was relieved to see that this wasn't just a music video for SOAD. Since there are so many, I'm glad was an original. I enjoyed the seizure inducing giant Tankman too! (Careful watching this if you dudes are epileptic)!

psyblackart responds:

SOAD rules! :D Giant Tankman too. :D Oh. Thanks for the warning about epileptics. ;) And yeah! Your "Weirdo Fights" is awesome and have very good FBF animation! Cheers...

Deadnimated! (1st Ed) Deadnimated! (1st Ed)

One Bloody Trip!

This flash, I say, is pretty cool. The graphics in this animation was really well done. I am also impressed of the presentation this animation had. With the right scene changes and music in the background, this flash is actually too freaky to watch in the dark... alone. The character designs had me thinking that this was to be a funny flash, but the grim, dark, surroundings and atmosphere said otherwise. I feel like watching it again!

Zwickel responds:

Really nice comment, thanks a lot man.
The next installment will come soon!

FF: Mixed in Balamb2(3/3) FF: Mixed in Balamb2(3/3)

Proof people can build nothing out of something!

In this third installment of FF: Mixed in Balamb 2, we all expected a grand finale of at least some scale. What we got was a rushed work that should have been spent more time on the drawing board. This flash, using popular characters from video games, was as amusing as watching nothing at all. Here is my overview:

Graphics (4): Still drawings moving up, down, and side to side is not necessarily a bad thing. In fact it is a method used in almost every flash. However, it is not very creative or amusing when the animation consists of ONLY this method. The characters appearance switched and changed as fast as I change socks. Example, Zell was seen in a cage appeared to look like a normal young adult, at the end of the movie, he is transformed into a child! This applies to many other characters in the movie. Continuity my friend, you must have continuity! Backgrounds were drab with many unnecessary gradients. At one point, the backdrop stayed the same when the view switched from one character to another.

Style(1): Nothing much set this apart from other FF parodies. Drawing style was obviously not original, since there was character art copied from the original artist. This also contributed to the lack of continuity, switching from other art style to his own. The author and I, as well as many others, know some of the art style does not belong to him, but if he/she could have taken the same style and completely animated it (not move up and down), then I would have been impressed!

Sound (7): Not so bad. Good use of effects. The dialogue was quite decent.

Violence(5): Not much on the gore side (except the deleted scene). Had one DBZ influenced fight scene. That’s pretty much it.

Interactivity(0): Just a play button. It was a movie, so not much interactivity. No use for it anyway for movies.

Humor(2): Making someone laugh from their gut is not a walk in the park. The author(s) I guess, thought a bunch of nonsense that came out of the top of their heads would make this flash a riot. Too bad they didn’t realized planning, review, and connection also played an important role. The result was me scratching my head in confusion.

Overall(4): FF: Mixed in Balamb 2 (3/3) is indeed a disappointment. With so much hype, the movie came up short. With just a little more effort and time, it wouldn’t have been the train wreck it is now.

Comment to author:
Yes, I am aware of the author’s comments, we all are aware that the original file was somehow erased. “After doing it twice, well, quality and length got reduced but hey, there's no reason to get so pissed off people, we were trying to please the fans.” Sounds like an excuse to me. If they are really your fans, they wouldn’t mind a fashionably late, but good quality movie that this could have been. This is the end of my review.

American Idle American Idle

Numa Numa Dance! Now in cartoon-o-vision!

You animated every little movement Gary did. That's what cracked me up! I don't watch American Idol but with T.V. all around me, I know the judges names and how they act, especially Simon. Good flash! I liked this very much.

The Amazing Adam Android The Amazing Adam Android

Amazing Adam Android is an amazing flash!

I enjoyed this very much! A good intro to this character and fast paced action! Graphics were simplistic, the lines flying around was a little bit over done, I would been blown away if it had less of that and more up close character animation. Speaking of character animation, the part where he transformed his hand to a laser cannon look really sweet! Cel shade would make this look really good, but only on close ups and dramatic parts. I also enjoted the humor that was put into this. You have the same art similarities as Johnen Vazquez's drawings, the humor was different and in my opinion, better! FLCL soundtrack fit this really well and I do like the Pillows music. I watched this animation twice and again with a friend, he liked it too!

Could this be a start of a awesome series?

-Weirdo9

SUPER DUPER NINJA ACTION! SUPER DUPER NINJA ACTION!

Hey! That was cool man!

The movements of the ninja character was really awesome looking. It dragged when he was talking to that merc but the whole combat part was fast paced! Nice talk about ancient and modern weapons, but that part wasn't really necessary. I didn't know there was a story to this, maybe more in the future? We'll see.

-Weirdo9